Our Approach to Teaching
The classroom experience at Thetford Academy is founded upon:
- High expectations of behaviour and fair, consistent application of rules and routines.
- The knowledge and passion of our teachers as subject experts.
- An emphasis on reading widely and often.
- A belief that deliberate practice is the best way to build the independence and confidence of pupils.
- Regular feedback and advice to pupils to help them progress.
- Recognising and rewarding hard work.
We work with our fellow academies within the Inspiration Trust to apply and innovate teaching approaches and deliver thorough, knowledge rich curriculum. This ensures that students have the knowledge not only to tackle their exams, but the wider and richer knowledge they need to get on in the world after education.