16-19 Tuition Fund Statement 2020-2021
16-19 Tuition Fund Statement
The purpose of this statement is to set out how Thetford Academy Sixth Form will use the 16-19 tuition fund to support students who have been academically disadvantaged due to Covid-19.
How Thetford Academy Sixth Form will use the 16-19 Tuition Fund
The tuition fund is for the 2020-2021 academic year only. Thetford Academy Sixth Form will use this funding to provide small group tuition for students aged 16-19 who have not yet achieved a Grade 5 or above in GCSE English or Maths. The tuition funding will not just be used for students in English or Maths, but will also support vocational learning where assessment has been deferred because of lockdown.
Students with Special Educational Needs - (SEND) who have experienced additional disruption to their learning will also be supported by this provision.
Tuition Groups will consist of no more than 5 students and the tuition will be scheduled in addition to the existing programmes of study already timetabled for 2020-2021.
Tuition and additional support may be provided using a blend of on site and remote delivery.
Examples of Tuition:
1) GCSE Re-sit Preparation.
2) Vocational Deferred Assessment Preparation.
3) Subject specific knowledge and skills gap catch up sessions.
Tuition support will be allocated according to individual based on assessment, clear starting points, learning aims, expectations and outcomes.
The Thetford Academy Sixth Form is committed to ensuring the tuition fund is used in accordance with the Government’s guidance on the 16 to 19 tuition fund by:
- Producing this statement explaining how we will use the funding in line with guidance to prioritise support for disadvantaged students.
- Publicising this statement on our website.
- Recording the us of funding, including reference to the individual students that receive the support the needs of those students, the number of hours of tuition delivered and retain the necessary evidence of the tuition provided.
- Delivering the extra tuition and spend the associated funding in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Notify Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) of any unspent funding from this fund in order for it to be reclaimed